Thank you to all that joined us in Sunnyside!
St. Pat's for All is the first St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC that is open and welcoming to all who wish to share the spirit of the day, regardless of race, gender, creed, or sexual orientation. In its nineteenth year, the parade is a wonderful way to spread the spirit of the Irish.
This year, SDNYC will join our friends from the Lesbian & Gay Democratic Club of Queens and Lambda Independent Democrats in marching down Skillman Avenue in Sunnyside. Please join us in the parade line up at 1 pm at Skillman Avenue and 41st Street. We'll be easy to find in our festive St. Pat's hats!
Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC Calls for Boycott of Staten Island St. Patrick’s Day Parade; Calls for All Elected and Government Officials to Boycott Parade; Calls for Full Equality for Participants in 2018.
Whether you are new member or a member of 32 years, there is role for you in the 2018 elections!
- Our 2018 Election and Endorsement Calendar is posted for both members and candidates. This outlines crucial dates for endorsements, dates of primary and general election activity,
- Please join us February 28th, 8 p.m. for our 2018 Planning Meeting. We'll explore the club's activities for the coming year and discuss ways to get involved. RSVP on Facebook or just show up. The meeting will feature amazing guest speakers and is free to attend.
- Important date: If you are a new member or a member that did not pay dues in 2016 or 2017, you must pay on or before February 28th to be able to vote in our Congressional Endorsement meeting in April. Renew today: http://sdnyc.org/membership
We hope to see you at the SDNYC Winter Celebration TOMORROW - THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14th!
This free event is always well attended and is open to anyone who considers themselves a part of the SDNYC community or who is interested in getting involved in our Club's efforts to advocate for LGBT New Yorkers. Please see below / attached for more information about SDNYC's 2017 Winter Celebration and share this invite with anyone you think would like to attend. Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at the party tomorrow!
SDNYC 2017 Winter Celebration Details:
- DATE: TOMORROW, December 14, 2017
- LOCATION: Amity Hall Downtown, 80 West Third Street, Manhattan
- TIME: 7:30-9:30pm
- ADMISSION: Free
- FOOD & DRINKS: Pay your 2018 SDNYC membership dues for access to an open bar (wine & beer) from 7:30-9:30pm – see below for info about becoming dues paying member of SDNYC today! We will also have a cash bar for non-members & free hors d'oeuvres for everyone to enjoy.
- RSVP: RSVP and invite your friends to join us on Facebook! (RSVP requested but not required)
SDNYC 2018 MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION:
We strongly encourage you to save time at the door on Thursday by paying your membership dues online in advance of the party. You can sign up our website (www.SDNYC.org/membership) or click the below links to go directly to the SDNYC 2018 membership option that is right for you!
- $13.00 – 2018 Reduced Price Membership (People who are students, retired or disabled)
- $35.00 – 2018 Individual Membership
- $50.00 – 2018 Family Membership (Maximum of 2 people per Family Membership)
We will also be accepting checks, cash or credit card payments at the door on Thursday.
Need more info? Other Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
I know it is the end of the day and that you are likely very busy so I will get right to the point. My name is Rose Christ and I have the honor of serving as the President of Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC (SDNYC). I am reaching out to ask you to join me in supporting the important work being done by SDNYC’s Membership and Board by becoming a 2018 dues paying member and/or making a donation today.
Ready to support SDNYC? Great - just click these links to become a dues paying member of SDNYC and to make a donation!
Need to know more before committing to support SDNYC? No problem – just scroll down for information about why I choose to support SDNYC and why the Club is asking for your help today!
Why I Choose to Support SDNYC:
As someone who lives in this great City and who is privileged to both see and personally benefit from the advancements the LGBT community has made in New York, thanks in part to SDNYC's tireless advocacy, I feel a great debt of gratitude to this Club and I am proud to do what I can to ensure SDNYC has the resources to continue to push for expanded protections, rights, services, and opportunities for LGBT New Yorkers. For these reasons and many others, I choose to personally contribute to support SDNYC and hope that you will join me by becoming 2018 dues paying member and/or making a donation today.
Why SDNYC Needs Your Support:
It’s been less than a year since Donald Trump took the oath of office but in that short period of time, the President and those close to his Administration have launched a steady stream of attacks against the LGBT community and emboldened the actions of bigots and homophobes. It is clear, that the Trump Administration is committed to stripping our community of the rights that have been secured through decades of tireless activism and that the White House will seek to obstruct any efforts to protect those in our community who are most likely to face discrimination and too often, violence.
As the New York’s largest LGBT-Democratic Club, it is SDNYC’s duty to be on the forefront fighting for LGBT rights. However, for SDNYC to be able to live up to this humbling responsibility, we need your help, especially given the challenges we are facing in today’s political environment. Can we count on you to help us by becoming a becoming 2018 dues paying member and/or making a donation today?
How Your Support Will Help SDNYC:
Your support will help SDNYC to host monthly public meetings, to advocate for the LGBT community year-round and in all five boroughs, and to engage new members in our efforts through special events (like our upcoming free annual winter celebration – invite below!). In addition your support will help SDNYC to
- Respond in real time when those in power attack our community’s rights by organizing rallies and public actions that make sure our demands for equality and respect are heard from Christopher Street to Trump Tower to the White House and all the way to Mar-a-Lago;
- Draw attention to actions that discriminate against LGBT New Yorkers and seek justice for those affected by individual bias and/or systemic inequality;
- Demand that more is done to stem violence against LGBT New Yorkers, particularly transgender members of our community who are too often the targets of violent hate crimes; and
- Continue to do all we can to amplify the voices of historically underrepresented members of the LGBT community including calling on our local leaders to do everything in their power to support those most in need of protection from an increasingly hostile Federal government.
We are ready to double down on our efforts -- but we can't do it without our friends and champions. So please sign up to become a 2018 dues paying member today and consider donating whatever you can to support SDNYC’s work on behalf of LGBT New Yorkers in all five boroughs.
Thank you for being an important part of the SDNYC community. I look forward to continuing to work together to advance the needs of LGBT New Yorkers Citywide and I sincerely appreciate your support.
Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC
The 2017 general election is TOMORROW - Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 and we strongly encourage you to help elect SDNYC’s endorsed candidates by volunteering on election day! See below for more information about supporting our endorsed candidates and voting in tomorrow's election.
See below for information about SDNYC endorsed candidates that are looking for volunteers to help on Election Day (TOMORROW):
Bill de Blasio – Mayor
Visit website to sign up: https://map.billdeblasio.com/
or contact the appropriate area organizing director:
Bronx: Trent Seubert (319) 213-0463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brooklyn: Trent Seubert (319) 213-0463 or email@example.com
East Brooklyn: Morgan Luther (715) 559-1738 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Manhattan: Najaah Daniels (914) 906-0018 or email@example.com
Queens: Pilar Grullón (203) 300-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SE Queens: Morgan Luther (715) 559-1738 or email@example.com
Staten Island: Trent Seubert (319) 213-0463 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Stringer – Comptroller
Contact: Nicole Alesio 973-975-7302 or email@example.com
Margaret Chin – Council District 1
Helen Rosenthal - Council District 6
Contact: Ned Terrace (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 917-572-8817
Costa Constantinides – Council District 22
Contact: email@example.com or 585-748-5114
Justin Brennan – Council District 43
Dylan Schwartz – Council District 51
Contact: (347) 979-0692 or FriendsofDylanSchwartz@gmail.com
See below for information about voting in the General Election Tomorrow, November 7th, 2017!
Not sure if you’re registered to vote in the 2017 General Election?
Click here to confirm your voter registration.
Need to know where to vote?
Want find out who is on the ballot for your district?
Click here to find your polling location and to see a sample ballot.
Not sure who to vote for?
See below for an overview of SDNYC's endorsed candidates!
Primary Election Results!
Please join us in congratulating the following SDNYC endorsed candidates who won their Primary election races yesterday!
We look forward to continuing to support these candidates in the weeks leading up to the General Election on November 7, 2017 as well as the SDNYC endorsed candidates that did not have a primary election yesterday!
See below for a complete recap of SDNYC endorsed candidates that are expected to appear on the 2017 General Election ballot in November.