Thank you to everyone who participated in the LGBTQ Rally on February 4th. We are so proud to be a part of this amazing community and look forward to continuing to work with all of you to #RESIST policies, elected officials, and rhetoric that threaten equality and acceptance for all.
, SDNYC will join with LGBT advocates at a rally to show our community’s solidarity with immigrants, asylum seekers, refugees and all those impacted by Donald Trump's recent executive orders. Join us!
Location: Stonewall National Monument (Christopher Street between Seventh Avenue South and Waverly Place)
Co-sponsors (list in formation:
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
- Congressman Jerrold Nadler
- Public Advocate Letitia James
- Comptroller Scott Stringer
- Borough President Gale Brewer
- Senator Brad Hoylman
- Assembly Member Deborah Glick
- Assembly Member Daniel O'Donnell
- Assembly Member Matt Titone
- Council Member Carlos Menchaca
- Council Member Danny Dromm
- Council Member Corey Johnson
- Council Member Rosie Mendez
- Council Member Ritchie Torres
- Council Member James Vacca
- Council Member James Van Bramer
- Ali Forney Center
- Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect
- Audre Lorde Project
- Bailey House
- Black Lesbian Conference 2018
- Brooklyn Community Pride Center
- CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities
- Caribbean Equality Project
- Center for Anti-Violence Education
- Circle of Voices
- Coming Out Muslim
- Destination Tomorrow
- Equality New York
- Family Equality Council
- Gays Against Guns
- Harlem Pride
- Heritage of Pride
- Hetrick Martin
- Hispanic Federation
- Housing Works
- HRC of Greater New York
- Immigration Equality
- Iris House
- Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club
- Lambda Independent Democrats
- Lambda Legal
- Latino Commission on AIDS
- Lesbian & Gay Democratic Club of Queens
- LGBT Bar Association of Greater NY
- LGBT Faith Leaders of African Descent
- LGBT Network
- Make The Road NY
- Muslim Democratic Club of New York
- National LGBTQ Task Force
- New York Area Bisexual Network
- NYLAG LGBTQ Law Project
- OutRight Action International
- PFLAG NYC
- Queer Detainee Empowerment Project
- Rivers of Living Water
- Stonewall Democratic Club of NYC
- Swish Ally Fund
- The Anti-Violence Project: AVP
- LGBT Community Center
- The New York Immigration Coalition
- The NY State Immigrant Action Fund
- The NYC Equality Coalition
- The Stonewall Inn
- Trans Latina Network
- Others TBA
Meeting Time & Location: / Meeting Location - TBA
Step Off Time & Location: Dag Hammarskjold Plaza (47th St. 1st & 2nd Ave.) /
, SDNYC will join Equality NY, Lambda Independent Democrats, Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club, and other groups TBA at the Women's March on New York City. In marching , SDNYC is seeking to highlight the many priorities championed by both the LGBTQI Community and the Women's Rights Movement and to re-enforce our deeply held belief that our voices are loudest and our advocacy most effective when diverse stakeholders work collaboratively to demand equality and respect for all. Please join us!
SDNYC is contemplating amending the Club's constitution and bylaws to better align these governing documents with the Club's priorities and practices.
Note -- all proposed amendments are considered draft until approved by the SDNYC Board. If approved, SDNYC members in good standing* will vote on the proposed revised constitution at the next SDNYC meeting scheduled for January 25, 2017 at 8pm the LGBT Center.
*SDNYC members in good standing have either been current dues paying members for at least 3 months OR were dues paying members in 2015/2016 and pay their 2017 membership dues prior to voting at the Jan. 25th meeting.
We hope to see you at our FREE Winter Celebration on Tues. Dec. 6th! See the invite below for more details & RSVP on Facebook (RSVP on Facebook requested but not required)
Don't forget! You can get access to the open bar at the event while supporting SDNYC's work & our Lew Todd Scholarship Fund by becoming an SDNYC Member / updating your SDNYC Membership for 2017 online at SDNYC.org/membership.
FYI - Please consider helping us keep the check-in line moving quickly by paying your 2017 SDNYC Membership dues online in advance! Thank you.
Tonight, SDNYC will come together with LGBTQ community leaders from across NYC for a post-election organizing meeting to discuss next steps in continuing the fight for equality. Representatives from the following organizations will join us tonight to share their thoughts on strategies for moving forward as well as to hear feedback and answer questions from attendees:
- Gays Against Guns
- Equality NY
- National Institute for Reproductive Health (formerly NARAL)
- + Other LGBTQ Leaders TBA
See below for information about the meeting:
- Date: TODAY, November 16th
- Time: 8-9:30pm
- Location: The LGBT Center, Room 101, 208 W 13th St., Manhattan
RSVP on the Facebook Event Page & invite your friends!
This meeting is FREE & open to members of the public & we encourage you to join us for this important discussion.
Can’t make it in person? We will also be posting updates on throughout the meeting on Twitter using the hashtag #RiseUpLGBTQ & broadcasting a livestream of the meeting on SDNYC’s Facebook Page starting at approx. 8pm tonight.
Note - Only SDNYC Members who have paid their annual dues will have access to the open bar throughout the event!
Not a SDNYC Member yet? It's just $35.00 for the year and also we offer special discounts!
Go to our membership page for more info & to sign up today!